A building situated on Adeola Odeku in Victoria Island, Lagos has been gutted by fire.
The fire was said to have been caused by a generator explosion that occurred in the early hours of Tuesday.
According to witnesses, a car with three passengers, parked near the building where the explosion happened, caught fire. The fire affected vehicles and other buildings around the premises.
Confirming the development, Nosa Okunbor, spokesperson of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), said officials of the agency are already at the scene of the incident.
He said the agency is monitoring the situation, adding that emergency teams are working to put out the inferno.